Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Art is good for the soul.


This past weekend I took a trip to Nelsonville, Ohio for a monthly event called Final Fridays on the Square. On the last Friday of every month, local vendors, musicians, and artists of all sorts gather in Nelsonville's historic public square. The town has so much character and charm, and it's always great to support local businesses and artists!
I met a local photographer that was just my style. Her name is Terri Jean, and she is about to open Sul Galleria on May 1st. Her work focuses on empowering the goddess in every woman and specializes in old hollywood and pin-up girl style photos. I'm dying to have a 50's style pin-up photo of myself!! It's on my list of things I have to do this year! She's currently working on a project called "Marilyn & Me" where she transforms women from 18-84 yrs. old into Marilyns! She was very inspiring, and the best part of it all, is that she offers her services at a low cost so everyone can enjoy! You can check out her blog at http://eyecandynews.blogspot.com/.

1 comment:

  1. I rented a booth at the studio...she's a super great photographer with a eye for a camera..love it.

    ReplyDelete