Sunday, April 26, 2009

Beneath the Paint

Recently, I've discovered a new passion. Thrift stores, antiques, everything vintage, and anything old and forgotten by most...I have spent every weekend for the past month on a scavenger hunt through some truly enchanting antique malls, thrift stores, and consignment shops in SE Ohio. I am so inspired by these treasures, that I have taken on a few restoration projects of my own. I found this obnoxious yellow table and chairs at an antique mall in Rockbridge, Ohio for just $30 dollars! Here's a little before and after action...

Before.... Brady was giving a helping paw.




After....



The table top is still "in the works," and I've covered it up to spare my eyes from the blinding yellow, sunflower adorned catastrophy. But I am very excited to have my first piece almost finished! So excited, that I started working on this cute desk I found for $15 dollars at a thrift store.

This piece needs lots of TLC, and I am still ironing out my vision for it, but the lavender has got-to-go. I'm having a great time learning along the way, but any tips or tricks of the trade are more than welcome! Wouldn't it be great to have a boutique of my own inspired by vintage furniture, pottery, and things of the such?! One can dream!

2 comments:

  1. Your dining set is looking awesome !! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to think i was in the minority with my craigslisting and furniture refurbishing ways! i think it's awesome that you do it too! i have a couple projects that i can't wait to start as soon as school is out for the summer.

    ReplyDelete