Friday, May 29, 2009

Forever Home for Violet

This morning a co-worker of mine brought in a kitten with an injured paw that was seen being thrown from a car window the previous day. I will never understand how someone can commit such cruelty towards animals.


After a trip to the vet before the lunch hour, her paw was determined to be nerve damage, and all hopes are that she'll be able to regain use and feeling with time. We were told she's approximately 5-6 weeks old.

All the while, I was texting photos of this little cutie to my family and friends. To my surprise, one of my best friends, Katie sent back a text, "I want her!!"


A few hours later and an impromptu drive to Cincinnati, the kitty was declared "Violet," and has found a forever home full of love.

4 comments:

  1. That cat is really cute (and I'm not even a cat person). It's beyond me how anyone could throw a cat out a window - it's disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling kitten. Thankfully, the story has a happy ending after such a sad beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she's already doubled in size, i know her teeth sure have! And her paw is being used more and more every day. She's a little super star.

    ReplyDelete