Sunday, May 17, 2009

Midnight Surprise

While fixing a midnight snack the other night, I was startled by an unfamiliar creature at my feet. I screamed and then immediately got my camera. I have never seen anything like this in my life!




After doing a little internet research, this is a Great Grey Slug, a.k.a. a Spotted Leopard Slug. He was over 4 inches long! There are so many fascinating creatures on this earth, I just rather they not reside in my kitchen. The great Wikipedia informed me that they are nocturnal and are usually found in lawns, gardens, and cellars. Lucky for me, the cellar is next to my kitchen! Don't worry about Mr. Slug though, I kindly picked him up with a paper towel, put him outside, and told him to stay there.

2 comments:

  1. oops, i had alot of 'all the glitters' catching up to do. but, i am now officially all caught up. your blog is lookin' fantastic. have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is something! I've never seen a slug that big either...maybe he was looking for a midnight snack too :P

    ReplyDelete